[aprssig] ISS Tracking & Pass Information

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 13 23:45:06 EDT 2011

--- Lynn W. Deffenbaugh wrote:
> There's a new ISS object flying in APRS-IS, ...

> AOS: xx:yyz+aa:bbc - If you are not in a pass

Pretty cool!  More stuff for my Beginner Guide.

  RE xx:yyz
1-  Is this hh:mmZ  the delta time *to* the next AOS?   Why the "z"?  Just an identifier?
2-  Is it rounded to the nearest minute, or is it the minute before AOS?

  RE +aa:bbc
3-  Is this duration in minutes:seconds?  If so, then what is "c" for?

>From the how-about-it department...
  RE: .but for any of the other satellites found in the TLE...
> set from http://www.celestrak.com/NORAD/elements/amateur.txt ...
> If you have any trouble figuring out which satellite name...

  Would it be possible to have a place to send a message to that returns all the currently tracked sat names?   e.g send a message to "SatPass" and get a reply (or replies) with list(s) of sat names that will return pass info...or is the list too long? (I'm not familiar with this "TLE" thing)

--
73, Steve, K9DCI