[aprssig] Trashed Packets...

Kriss A Kliegle kliegle at myfairpoint.net
Tue Nov 29 09:22:52 EST 2011

As the sys op of the first example (KA1GJU-3), the message did catch my attention.

KA1GJU-3>APN382,UNCAN,WIDE2*,qAR,W1CLA-1:!!06 0F02 at 000-,-----(--,-- 02035 00000"7

Do you have a time and date stamp as to when this happened?
If it was yesterday (Nov 28th late PM) then it was during the switch over to an Argent Data WX station from a Peet Bro WX station.

TNC at KA1GJU-3 is a KPC-3 V8.2
The TNC at UNCAN is a OT2+ as I recall.

I am STILL having issues with my setup.
After a period of either months, weeks or days of reliable WX data, my TX'ed data goes flat line. As it is right now..

See:
http://aprs.fi/weather/a/KA1GJU-3?range=day

I've swapped out TNC's, Peet Bros units to no avail.The only thing left I can think of is a voltage drop (solar powered station), as the problem happens usually overnight.

Heading up the hill (remote WX station) with laptop to sample streaming WX data to see if it's the TNC that's stuck or the WX station...

Kriss  KA1GJU