[aprssig] Some obscure APRS client questions

Patrick winston at winston1.net
Mon Nov 14 08:58:38 EST 2011

But again Bob, all of these are for the most part dead not having been
updated in 5-10 years in many cases, and in the very near future will
not run on the majority of machines.  Providing backward compatibility
to import the old structures as Lynn does makes sense because people
will eventually be forced away from current clients, but from the here
and now sense of things it makes a lot more sense to use a format which
can also be used in other systems with minimal conversion as we have
reached the point where positioning files are standard in the real world
beyond the APRS point of view.