[aprssig] Some obscure APRS client questions

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Mon Nov 14 08:57:55 EST 2011

IMHO, the "spec" should be about shared interoperability based on the
protocol and the transport.  Static data like displays and/or file
formats may be "recommendations" or "oh-by-the-way", but not SPECs.

Objects can be shared over APRS and are therefore specs.  Overlays are
for local display and, IMHO, are not specs.