[aprssig] Kenwood D710 Mic protocol

la3qma at aprs.la la3qma at aprs.la
Thu Nov 10 09:31:12 EST 2011

Quoting "John Gorkos" <jgorkos at gmail.com>:

> My thought is to build a simple microcontroller that sits in-line with
> My D710 mic cable.  It could draw off the 8V line on that connector,

I think someone helped the people making remoterig.com for some simple
control via the mic line.

I would say that it's easier to use the connection on the back of the
radio. You know have easy access to virtual all the menu, memory etc
settings.

I have started connecting a bluetooth device to the display unit and
are almost ready with an android app so that you can send/receive
messages when the TM-D710 are in APRS mode. The next step for this app
is to use a second bluetooth device so that you can control all the
menu setings, memory editing etc.

For the all commands you can download the excel document in the yahoo
group for the V71/710

Kai Gunter
LA3QMA