[aprssig] PacComm Spirit-2

Heikki Hannikainen hessu at hes.iki.fi
Mon Nov 7 07:27:16 EST 2011

On Mon, 7 Nov 2011, David Sprangers wrote:

> I could not find a manual or any wiring diagram with any the Googling I did either. Looks
> like PacComm charges $15.00 for manuals and I wanted to know if the Spirit 2 could be used
> on APRS before reaching out to PacComm about manuals. I believe these Spirit-2s were part
> of a backbone packet link that a SK key had run.

They are TNC-2 compatible, and can be used with KISS firmware, making them
usable for APRS at 9600.

I think some folks here have put them back-to-back with 1200 bit/s KISS
TNC's to run remote APRS receivers attached to a common transmitter.

2m rx1 > kiss tnc > kiss tnc > 70cm tx > |
2m rx2 > kiss tnc > kiss tnc > 70cm tx > |-> 70cm rx > tnc > digi sw > 2m
2m rx3 > kiss tnc > kiss tnc > 70cm tx > |

   - Hessu