[aprssig] aprssig Digest, Vol 89, Issue 5

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Nov 5 10:11:20 EDT 2011

I think we agree.  Lets see if I got it..

We normally expect to see {nn}rr line numbers (with reply acks).

When }06 stands alone at the end of any message (without {nn in front of it), it is not a line number and does not break anything.  Yet, any code MAY accept it as a reply ack.  (good idea of yours).  So therefore, adding these to Bulletins, Announcemnts and AA: messages is a good idea.

My only point was that existing code (at least mine) will not see the reply ack unless it is inside a line number.  Because I only look for the }06 inside of a line number.

I will add this idea of yours to the APRS11 spec part about the AA: messages.  No reason why they cannot include the REPLY-ACK.

thanks for keeping an eye on things!

Bob, Wb4APR

Bob, WB4APR