[aprssig] AUTO-ANSWER SPEC [AA]

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Nov 3 12:47:36 EDT 2011

>> And I will insist that the AUTO-ANSWER message is CANCELED as soon as the
>> radio (or client) detects the presence of the Operator...

> Assuming you could even update the firmware in a D700,
> how is the radio supposed to know the operator has returned?
> Kerchunking the mike?    IR, motion sensor?
> Position changing, implying a driver is in the vehicle?

All of the above plus, any front panel operation of any button or knob.

p.S.  The [AA] was in error.  Here is the complete requirement:

1) Any AA message should begin with AA:
2) Any such AA message should not have a Line number
3) Any such AA message is only sent once on each incoming message packet
4) Any such AA message should be canceled when the client detects the return
of the operator
5) Any such AA message should default to OFF on power up.

Bob, WB4APR