[aprssig] Auto-Answer meets Auto-Responder (AVRS)

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Wed Nov 2 01:50:59 EDT 2011

Lynn KJ4ERJ wrote...

> How do you propose that an auto-answer server "know" that it's
> an auto-answer and not a badly formed request?

Finally, an easy question! The AVRS server would normally expect an
ACK back from a message that it had sent, but could also look for other
instead of :ackxx like in a normal ACK. It would just stop sending the
message when it either saw an ACK coming back, or one of several
"non-ACK" responses like [AA] or just stop after sending it after
several tries while getting no response at all.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH