[aprssig] Dayton OT2m defect

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue May 31 17:27:32 EDT 2011

If you know someone who purchased a Tracker2 OT2m from us at Dayton,
please pass this on.

We just discovered that the contract manufacturer installed two
capacitors incorrectly.  The result is that it requires a fairly high
audio level to decode anything.  Our test fixture was set just above
this level so we didn't catch it immediately.

The good news is that there's an easy workaround.  Just put a blob of
solder on solder jumper SJ2 (near the top left mounting screw) to short
out the pads.  This gets decode performance back to normal.

Of course, we're happy to fix it here - just contact me off-list for an
RMA number and return shipping label.  I'll try to track down as many
customers as I can from their credit card receipts, but there are bound
to be some cash sales or names that are too common to cross-reference on
QRZ.

73,

Scott
N1VG