[aprssig] APRN news from Dayton!

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Thu May 26 13:54:37 EDT 2011

On 5/26/2011 10:25 AM, Scott Miller wrote:
> I never noticed that!  I'll have to try adding the PD modes when I get a chance.
>
> Scott
> N1VG

Consider the "narrowband" MP73-N format as well.  There is an increasing amount
of interest in this mode on 30 meters. Its occupied bandwidth of only 500 Hz
makes it the only legal format for SSTV (in the US at least) on this non-voice
band.   There is now even a Yahoo! group dedicated to 30meterSSTV activity.

The mode is also useful on other bands since you can receive it through the
variable-bandwidth IF system on some modern transceivers screwed down to about
800 Hz - gives you a huge SNR advantage under marginal conditions compared to
the usual 2.1-2.8 KHz SSB bandwidth.