[aprssig] Solar, then vs now

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon May 23 23:11:53 EDT 2011

> In my particular case, our yard and house is
> completely shaded.

Then you are right.  That is the #1 problem that is insurmountable.  I'd look for a neighbor's sunny spot and work out a deal...

> [re snow] there's no way I'm cleaning off
> any solar panels on a daily basis.  :-)

If that is a concern, then ignore it.  Tilt your panels back to maximize spring/Fall/and Summer sun and the increase in power produced then will more than offset any loss of sun in the winter for a few days of snow on the panels.

Bob, Wb4APR