[aprssig] BVR digi in Oklahoma

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Sat May 21 13:39:59 EDT 2011

Looking at the nearest 50 stations, you get to over 90 miles for the 50th, so perhaps that is not unreasonable out in the flatlands.  Does that sound valid?
http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/near.cgi?call=BVR

However, there are still lots of misguided folks out there...Here in NE Illinois, Whenever I watch my display, it's not unusual to see beacons from over 400 miles away fixed and mobile stations. Those may have unreasonable paths, but I don't usually investigate to see how far I hear direct stuff.  I have seen some extreemly far things on the display at times...as in over a thousand mi.  One "9" I see regularly shows as over 2k mi..  Gott'a  see if I can  call him one of these days...

--
 73, Steve, K9DCI   USN (Vet) MOT (Ret) Ham (Yet)
--

Up to date APRS Beginner Guide - updated Apr-2010
  http://K9DCI.home.comcast.net

Manage Radio Memories with an Excel Spreadsheet !
Click to tune. Click to capture Radio freq.
All Memories on one page. Cut, Copy, Paste, Print 'em, etc...
For:
TM-D700 |         TH-F6A      |   TS-2000    |   Icom 706MkIIG
All PMs |Real-time & memories | Sat mems too | Loads Mem Tones!
NOT D710

More Details, Features and Downloads at:
  http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/