[aprssig] GPS interference/Lightsquared testing in Las Vegas

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Sat May 21 13:26:46 EDT 2011

After the way the FCC ignored their presentation and data, you can bet that all the GPS mfrs like Garmin are out there with a fleet of mobiles driving and perhaps flying around looking VERY CLOSELY for trouble...not to mentino coorelation with their simulations.

P.S. Now that I think about it,  If a GPS precision approach is approved, doesn't the airport have to have a local GPS transmitter for the DGPS precision...?
  Does a DGPS transmitter provide for any direct user-location info, or is it only supplying real-time differential correction data for fixes obtained from the sats (similar to WAAS - as I understand WAAS)?

--
 73, Steve, K9DCI   USN (Vet) MOT (Ret) Ham (Yet)
--

More Details, Features and Downloads at:
  http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/