[aprssig] FD Contacts

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Wed May 18 18:16:54 EDT 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 10:36, Bill V WA7NWP <wa7nwp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does the D72 still have the Wn (for WIDEn-n) and Tn (for TRACEn-n)
> shortcuts for entering the path?

Yes, but it's streamlined for WIDEn-N, TRACEn-N, SSn-N, or custom.
Looks like this:

PacketPath
Type: *New-N
WIDE1-1: On
Total Hops: 2
[WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1]

PacketPath
Type:  Relay
RELAY: On
Total Hops: 2
[RELAY,TRACE2-1]

PacketPath
Type:  Region
ABBR: WA
Total Hops: 2
[WA2-2          ]

PacketPath
Type:  Others
PATH: W1

(expands to WIDE1-1)

IIRC, it came preconfigured for New-N with 2 hops. Makes programming
paths very simple for new users.

I leave my custom path in Others, but run New-N with one hop most of
the time. I didn't try the W1 shortcut until just now, but it seems to
work as it did on the D7. Changing paths between custom and WIDEn-N is
very quick, because my custom path is saved in Others and the WIDEn-N
path is built automatically by the New-N setting.

I don't believe there are PMs on the D72.

Tom KD7LXL