[aprssig] Blutooth GPS under LINUX

Dan Smith dsmith at danplanet.com
Thu May 5 09:36:27 EDT 2011

> I think those devices have another way to do the pairing, via the
> charging dock or some other pre-configuration done at the factory.

Heh, no, I can assure you not.  I've used the keyboard with devices I've
never plugged it into, and certainly the PDA that I sync'd without
pairing before that.  I'm also quite sure there's no daemon running on
my machine providing magic "pre-pairing over USB" services :)

> How else does your keyboard know to connect to the thingy plugged
> into your Tracker, instead of your cell phone, GPS, or some device in
> the back pocket of the guy walking by?

Because, as I did in my example command for Andrew, I provided the
unique hardware address of the device in the connect command.

More advanced devices, like my smartphone for example, won't do anything
without pairing first, of course.

--
Dan Smith
www.danplanet.com