[aprssig] Blutooth GPS under LINUX

Greg D ko6th.greg at gmail.com
Thu May 5 01:39:30 EDT 2011

Hi Dan,

I think those devices have another way to do the pairing, via the
charging dock or some other pre-configuration done at the factory.  How
else does your keyboard know to connect to the thingy plugged into your
Tracker, instead of your cell phone, GPS, or some device in the back
pocket of the guy walking by?

So, I think we're using different definitions of "pairing".  You are
referring only to the full handshake with passwords and such, and I'm
including the pre-defined or paired-by-docking activities in mine.  I
think (hope!) that either way, transfers are protected.

Greg  KO6TH