[aprssig] aprs Radiation Senser

Jim Wagner wagnerj at proaxis.com
Fri Mar 25 15:55:26 EDT 2011

On Mar 25, 2011, at 5:00 AM, aprssig-request at tapr.org wrote:

Contrary go Guido's assertion, below,  there have been quite a few
deaths from panic in the US, particularly from fire.

Simply look up "Copacabana Fire" and you will see what happens. For
that matter, check out Orson Well's "War of the Worlds" radio show in
1938. That was a panic over a mere radio play; it is NOT clear that
there were any deaths attributed.

Now, clearly, these were NOT the same a a radiation panic. But, the
"War of the Worlds" shows just how susceptible people are, and I do
not think they have changed much in the last 50+ years.

Jim Wagner
KA7EHK
Tangent, Or