[aprssig] Custom APRS tracker project

Dan Smith dsmith at danplanet.com
Mon Mar 21 17:27:15 EDT 2011

> I really like your APRS project! It's kinda like a HamHud on
> steroids!

I'm still trying to come up with a name.  I assume the HamHUD guys
wouldn't appreciate me calling it that :P

> What TNC are you using?

Any KISS TNC will work, but I'm using a D700 just because it's
convenient.  A USB TNC-X would eliminate some cabling, especially if I
integrate the telemetry controller and/or the GPS into it as well.

> Who makes the display?

It's a cheap-o eBay special.  Search for "3.5 LCD car monitor" or
something and you should see a bunch of options.

> The beagle board looks cool to (who let the dogs out, WOOF)

Yep, it's neat.  Lots of possibilities!

> Are you taking orders yet?

Hah, nope :-D

--