[aprssig] packet delays through internet

Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists hamlists at ametx.com
Mon Mar 21 08:22:59 EDT 2011

By definition, KISS mode should not use any flow control (most TNCs do not accept flow control in KISS mode) and clients should not allow it to be set when communicating in KISS mode (yes, UI-View is not in development so it cannot be changed and UI-View also permits command/monitor mode interaction with the TNC, both of which present potential issues for configuration and operational mistakes).

Yes, the KPC 3+ fails regardless of flow control settings on both the host PC and the KPC 3+.  As far as quantitatively assessing if the delay expands over time, I will leave that to those that have done the quantitative tests.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net