[aprssig] Can we use satellite digipeater for power outage region?

Chris Moulding chrism at crosscountrywireless.net
Sat Mar 12 18:23:35 EST 2011

Hi Toyo,

One alternative for you may be to use HF APRS over digimodes.

I've written a program to do this and it can also be used by a mobile
station with a GPS receiver to send position beacons many miles away
using PSK and GMSK modes. The usual frequency used for this is 10.1497
MHz. There are igates in the US, Australia and Europe already using this
APRS mode.

It's written using MMVARI as the sound card engine and it should be able
to send Japanese characters entered as APRS messages.

The webpage is:

http://www.crosscountrywireless.net/aprs_messenger.htm

Set up details are available on:

http://wa8lmf.net/APRS_PSK63/index.htm

If you try it and you need any changes please let me know and I will
respond immediately.

73,

Chris, G4HYG

--