[aprssig] enjoying my new radio

lawrence labranche capdiamont at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 12 15:00:58 EST 2011

I don't know about waiting till I've mastered it. I can bring it to one of the
club meetings. Problem is I'm taking classes at night at College of the
Redwoods. Looks like most of my packets are going through your gateway. I'm
unclear on messaging. Do I have to send it to a particular APRS device? How do I
tell which device to sent it to? I sent a message to your call sign last night.
Problem is I don't know if it made it. I sent it in my house, with standard
antenna that came with it. Though I'm showing up on the aprs.fi map, with same
setup.

I'm amazed that I'm able to be tracked while in the car with that same setup.
Not everywhere as good as an external antenna. I'm more amazed, that the built
in gps is able to get a fix, let alone so many satallites while indoors, or in
the car. I expected to carefully place the unit in the front part of the car,
and not getting any position info within buildings. Yet at home, the pantry,
winco all have been able to get fixes. My tracking after 5pm yesterday all have
been using the standard antenna.

-Larry KI6ZQY