[aprssig] FTM-350 cables

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Fri Mar 11 18:54:04 EST 2011

> How about a 6-pin mini-DIN to three or four 3.5mm stereo miniplugs? This
> would allow an instant "soundcard interface" by connecting the TX and RX
> audio lines of the mini-din DATA/PACKET jack on many radios to
> corresponding LINE-IN and LINE-OUT jacks on a computer sound card The

That's not a bad idea.  I could use that for things besides packet, too.
  Maybe with both a male and female for the mic audio, so it could be
used easily as a line-in for your radio.

It'd probably still require some mold modification where all of the
cables join, but when I've had that done in the past it hasn't been
terribly expensive.

Scott
N1VG