[aprssig] FTM-350 cables

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Fri Mar 11 18:43:22 EST 2011

> How about a complete, isolated, compact sound card interface packaged as
> a USB-to-mini-DIN cable without a separate box (components inside a
> connector or a thicker plastic part in the middle of the cable)?

For starters, overmold tooling is likely to be $4000 or more if it's
going to be molded in.  And while it would be nice, I don't think the
molded version would be that much preferred over the RigBlaster (I think
that's who makes it) sound card in a box.

I've got no shortage of $5k to $10k orders to place right now.  (Anyone
got about $50k they want to invest in an established small business?)
Basic cables that don't need special mold tooling I can get done cheap
in quantities of 200 or so.

Scott
N1VG