[aprssig] Linking digipeaters

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Tue Mar 8 09:08:56 EST 2011

Restarting the machine may actually take the KPC-3+ out of KISS and back
in or otherwise send commands to it the remedy the problem.   Testing
has been done that when a KPC-3+ is in this mode, simply powering down
and up will recover normal operation.  The issue has been exhibited with
different software in use with the only common component being a KPC-3+
in KISS mode operating for an extended period of time.  When packet
traffic gets heavy, the problem manifests sooner which may be why you
hear reports of "it's never happened to me" from people running KPC-3+
in KISS in a low activity environment.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRISSCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

PS.  I'm familiar with the issue because WC4PEM to my west is (was) this
installation and the trustee of that IGate restarts it weekly but sooner
if I happen to notice packet delays coming through that gate.