[aprssig] Linking digipeaters

lawrence labranche capdiamont at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 8 03:05:24 EST 2011

I hope you don't mind me sticking my nose in to this. I'm finding the discussion
interesting in regards to using Linux on embedded, or similar.

My idea is it should be modular. RF modules should communicate using  a
standardized set of info on standardized pin-out. I'm thinking of Ethernet
straight through cables home run to a controller, not IP based. Could connect to
a ip network, just not as the main source of communication between modules. The
idea being if one can just replace add or replace a module, without having to
start all over.

As an example micro-controller is the Parallax Propeller chip.
http://www.parallax.com/tabid/407/Default.aspx 8 cogs, fast, able to connect to
keyboard, mouse, sd card, etc. Lost of objects people have done up.Bell 202
object http://obex.parallax.com/objects/421/ .