[aprssig] Linking digipeaters

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Mon Mar 7 18:15:55 EST 2011

On Mon, Mar 07, 2011 at 03:10:37PM -0800, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <wa8lmf2 at aol.com> flavor, containing:
> On 3/7/2011 1:40 PM, John Gorkos wrote:
> > On Monday, March 07, 2011 15:52:23 Keith VE7GDH wrote:
> >> John AB0OO wrote...
> >>
> > Oh dear lord.  Please tell me more about this, or point me in the right
> > direction.  We've got a KPC3 on the mountain someone gave us to use.  How can
> > you possible f-up KISS mode?
>
> It IS screwed up when you use a KPC3+ under computer control as an igate/digi.
[SNIP]

>   For some unexplainable reason, after several days of operation, KPC3s start

 [SNIP]

To be clear:  It's the KPC3+, not the KPC3 (no plus) that have the bug, from
everything I've read about it.  Many people use KPC3 (no plus) in KISS mode
with no problem, but so far as I can tell everyone who has tried it on a
KPC3+ gets bitten by it (I sure did, and eventually pulled it from service
and replaced it with a T2).

 "The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off."