[aprssig] Linking digipeaters

John Gorkos jgorkos at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 16:40:44 EST 2011

On Monday, March 07, 2011 15:52:23 Keith VE7GDH wrote:
> John AB0OO wrote...
>
> > I'm tired of giving my money to old-school ham-radio companies like
> > Kantronics that haven't released an original idea in 20 years, who are
> > satisfied with the status-quo, and who are overcharging by more than
> > $100 for archaic designs.
>
> Kantronics used to be my "favourite" TNC manufacturer, having bout about
> a dozen TNCs from them over the years. However, there is the problem with
> "delays from KPC3+ TNCs in KISS mode" when run for more than
> a week or two, and they don't seem to be willing to do anything about it.
Oh dear lord.  Please tell me more about this, or point me in the right
direction.  We've got a KPC3 on the mountain someone gave us to use.  How can
you possible f-up KISS mode?

I think the AT328 modem from here:
http://sites.google.com/site/ki4mcw/Home/arduino-tnc has great potential.  I
can see doing this as a kit at a club meeting.
A TNC shouldn't cost more than $30.  All it does is convert sound to serial
and back again.

John Gorkos