[aprssig] ISS on FD?

Alexander Sack pisymbol at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 15:05:49 EDT 2011

On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Greg D <ko6th.greg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>
> Yeah, Keps for the ISS have been really short lived recently. I updated mine
> on Friday, and I think again yesterday, and by last night when I updated
> them again, things moved out another 20 minutes. I think someone forgot to
> turn off one of their thrusters...
>
> I tuned in for their 6pm (local PDT) pass, and heard nothing on 145.800 nor
> 145.825. I stayed up last night to catch the 12:40am pass, and again nothing
> (though I only stayed around for the first half of the pass). Nothing has
> been posted on David's OSCAR database related to hearing the crew either.
>
> Their next pass here is after Field Day closes, so I'll have to look forward
> to next year. But I did make contacts on AO-51, AO-7, and FO-29, and a
> partial on AO-27 to Hawaii, so it still was a good day.
>
> Greg KO6TH
>

> Bob Bruninga wrote:
>>
>> I got APRS satellite packets via ISS but not while I was looking.
>>
>> My KEPS were 2.5 days old and I heard nothing during my "predicted"
>> passes,
>> though looking at the APRS radio later, I did see RS0ISS and 3 other
>> stations.  Maybe they re-boosted.
>>
>> I did think I heard voices from that radio once or twice but assumed it
>> was
>> QRM from nearby public 2-way radios (I was surrounded by the Race Across
>> America Bike tour people who all had VHF radios of some kind or other).
>>  Now
>> I realize it might have been an astronaut on ISS?  But since it didn't
>> match
>> my prediction, I wasn't paying attention.
>>
>> Bob, WB4APR

I am pretty sure the ISS got reboosted somewhere yesterday afternoon
EDT or the Keps across the whole web were off.  I have been tracking
it non-stop with the slim hope of making a voice contact.  When I
updated my TLEs this morning, the ISS pass predictions were *really*
off like a reboost happened.

Also as Bob stated, when I went outside yesterday to listen for voice,
I heard nada.  But what was weird is APRS-IS was showing packets in
Canada when all the usual suspects showed the ISS over France!  :-(

-aps (KC2ZSX)