[aprssig] FD ANSRVR Group

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Fri Jun 24 21:45:59 EDT 2011

I concur, do NOT use ANSRVR to routinely reply to the "group".  Messages
retransmitted by ANSRVR will appear to come from the station that sent
the message to the group via ANSRVR.  You can reply to that message and
it will directly address the message originating station.

You have to work harder if you really want to reply to the whole group
(by sending to ANSRVR and re-specifying the CQ GROUP before your text),
but that wouldn't really be a reply, woudl it.  You would be sending a
new message to the group from your own station.