[aprssig] smart IGates

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Thu Jun 23 07:25:27 EDT 2011

You shouldn't IMHO.  Even though the APRS-IS isn't regulated by the FCC,
those of us that run properly configured IGates (read: bi-directional)
are trusting that ALL sources into the APRS-IS is coming from licensed
amateurs.  Without that assurance, more IGates will be de-commissioned
and/or transmitters disabled seriously crippling the global messaging
feature of APRS-IS.

A technician's license isn't that hard to qualify for, and with it comes
the identifiable responsibility that the APRS feeds need to have.