[aprssig] new IGate software

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 23:21:20 EDT 2011

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 4:04 AM, Tapio Aaltonen <oh2gve at pakettiradio.net> wrote:
> Hello
>
> A new IGate software called aprsg has been released. It runs on Windows and
> Unix-line platforms and supports KISS TNCs using serial ports. On Linux the
> AX.25 network interfaces can also be used.
>
> Aprsg is able to do RX-only or complete RX/TX-gating. It runs as a small
> background process without any user interface, as it has been designed to be
> part of infrastructure, not a tactical console.
>
> More information and free download from the home page:
> http://pakettiradio.net/aprsg/

Fyi, after a year I decided to give this a try.  It works fine in
Debian Squeeze (installed with the posted deb packages).  I've got it
talking to a TH-D7A(G) in kiss mode, and it's connected to a Keyspan
USB to serial adapter hanging off a little Acer "Revo" 1600 NetTop
computer - basically a very small desktop computer that uses a netbook
motherboard and an Intel Atom CPU.  I like the logging - very valuable
when first getting the software up and running.  Nice work - something
small running in the background is exactly what I wanted.  Also,
thanks to the people on this and the Xastir list that have pointed out
that Keyspan usb to serial adapters are Linux friendly.

Lee - K5DAT