[aprssig] Android HUD Development

Rud Merriam k5rud at arrl.net
Sat Jun 11 13:39:13 EDT 2011

Arnie,

As of a couple weeks ago the Tiger map information was not available on
the Census web site. The notice indicated they were doing a major update
of some kind.

In 2009 the Census did a house by house location identification
collecting GPS coordinates for each address. That may go a long way
toward correcting inaccuracies. In other words, Tiger may be a viable
option once they get the information back online.

- 73 -
*Rud Merriam K5RUD
Emergency Coordinator
/Montgomery County ARES® <http://www.wa5eoc.org/> /