[aprssig] Shack backup power service disconnect..

Kriss A Kliegle kliegle at myfairpoint.net
Sun Jun 5 11:57:30 EDT 2011

For VERY litle money, there's a mechanical interlock available for 'modern' CB panels. I have one on my Siemons panel. It allows only the main breaker to power the panel or the double ganged one immediately below (first two slots), but not both. Way cheaper than the DPDT switch, and the meter doesn't have to be pulled off the building!

I have been running a 100% solar powered WX digi for years as well as a 2M analog voice repeater. Since it RX's 100% of  the time and TX's only a fraction of the day, low power consumption during RX (idle, not in use) is a must. I have a bank of 6V golf cart batteries in a series/parallel combination that give me 450Ahrs of juice. They are in a battery box and a fan blows fresh air over the batteries and overboard of the repeater shed. Fan happens to be on same relay as the PA cooling fan, so when folks talk... the H2 gas gets vented overboard!

Kriss  KA1GJU-X