[aprssig] Shack backup power

Alex Carver kf4lvz at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 4 14:36:17 EDT 2011

From: "Bob Bruninga"
> >> Economical solar runs 99.9% of the time
> Of course, it is not all about economics.  It is about
> Peace of mind to many
> of us.  Fortunately, now we can now have the best of
> both worlds.  With
> these small plug-in grid-tie inverters in the 250 Watt
> class, now it is
> possible to run our shack:

Do you have a reference for these plug-in grid-tie inverters?  I can not possibly see how these would be legal but I want to see the manufacturer's website if they exist.

Also, solar energy isn't wasted in the battery if your load is constantly running.  Most of the daytime energy would go to the load and the excess is absorbed by the battery.  At night, the battery runs down and then gets charged up the next day.  A smart designer would make sure there was no waste.