[aprssig] Shack backup power

DALE wa7ixk at embarqmail.com
Thu Jun 2 15:38:05 EDT 2011

Solar is a way to go if you can afford it.
Panels may not be there when you need them.
A battery bank and the proper charger will give you emergency power.
You will not need expensive high amperage power supplies .
My system runs on solar & batteries. I have a marine charger for back up
and a generator. Never needed any of it in 40 years.
I always have 12 V available in my three vehicles, two motorcycles & two electric scooters and wheel chairs.
My P/U truck is my emergency ham shack.
Dale