[aprssig] has anyone built/modified a USB to TTL level converter??

Bob k8ys at fuse.net
Thu Jun 2 10:58:34 EDT 2011

I need TTL.
I have RS232
I have USB
I do not have a RS232 port. Rules out the standard USB to RS232 dongle.

I think that I want to take an old cell phone to computer interface that has
a USB to RS232 level converter. It is a common chip, and I have the drivers.

I want to take the RS232 from the cell phone cable and feed it to a MAX233
to get TTL in/out.

Then use the TTL to talk to the IC706m2g to control the radio.

Without reinventing the wheel, is there a "better way"?

Bob K8YS