[aprssig] TAPR Dayton Solar Talk

DALE wa7ixk at embarqmail.com
Wed Jun 1 20:45:40 EDT 2011

Instructions with some of mine says do not install in ceiling enclosures.
I have been using fluorescent for many years. My shop was designed to use the 4 ft ones. Uses 8 4 ft 40 W tubes, but at least I can see.
320 watts for 320 sq foot of work space.
>From observing all the problems with CFL's and my own experience I believe CFL's are not practical. The LED's either.
The most practical and cost effective seems to be the Edison incandescent lamps.
I prefer the Halogen lamps and have had very good service from them.
I do have a bunch of 12 V light strips I got surplus,cheap.
I use them on my work benches under the shelves.
Dale