[aprssig] Core server outages

Gerald Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Thu Jul 7 18:55:59 EDT 2011

I intended to get a note out before we committed a move of a couple of
the APRS Core servers, but I was overcome by events.

FIRST.aprs.net and FOURTH.aprs.net are moving to a new data center. The
network move went fairly smoothly, but power and air conditioning will
now be ready in the morning, and the servers can't come up tonight.

Similarly, the backup findu server is down 'til we get power and AC.

CWOP.tamu.edu and cwop1.apra.net and cwop4.aprs.net are also impacted.

I apologize for the lack of notice.

Sometime tomorrow, they should be back online.

The net result of this move should be better connectivity and power
stability than we've had in the past. It may take a couple of days to
accomplish this but those outages should be brief and non-service
interrupting.

73 gerry N5JXS
Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.862.3983