[aprssig] APRS mobile HF CQ

Chris Moulding chrism at crosscountrywireless.net
Thu Jan 27 11:28:08 EST 2011

If you really want to try APRS mobile on HF have a look at this program:

http://www.crosscountrywireless.net/aprs_messenger.htm

You could send messages and beacon your position while mobile and if you
are within range of an Igate running APRS Messenger you could exchange
two way messages with any other ham on the APRS-IS.

There are 24/7 igates in the US, Canada and Australia with an attended
igate in the UK.

Frequencies used are 10.1497 MHz in the US, Canada and Australia, and
7.0497 MHz in Europe.

73,

Chris, G4HYG

--