[aprssig] Generic Smartphone APRS aps!

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Wed Jan 26 15:51:24 EST 2011

On 1/25/2011 6:28 AM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
> Feel free to take up a collection to pay me to take a leave-of-absence
> from my day job, replacing my full salary, paying the education expenses
> for me to go learn the Android or iPhone platform, and cover enough time
> to port all of my straight C and direct Win32 API code to the platform
> of your choice, and I'll be there. In the meantime, keep asking, but
> it'll take someone with prior-knowledge, extreme willingness, and LOTS
> of spare time to step up to the bar to deliver to your demands.

Man, I work 50-60 hours a week at APRS-related stuff and DO make enough
at it to replace my former day job salary (give or take 5 figures of
additional self-employment tax) but there's still not enough time to
finish half of what I'd like to do, and the really fun stuff isn't the
stuff that pays the bills!  I've spent more time this week on paperwork
and trying to get half a ton of weather stations on a boat before all of
China goes on vacation than I have actually writing code.

Still beats my old job working for the government, though.  =]

Scott
N1VG