[aprssig] ISS ground digi

la3qma at aprs.la la3qma at aprs.la
Fri Jan 21 23:11:12 EST 2011

Quoting "Andrew Rich" <vk4tec at tech-software.net>:

> How can you turn
>
> RS0ISS-4>CQ,SGATE:>ARISS - International Space Station (BBS/APRS on)
> into
> RS0ISS-4>CQ,SGATE,<another digi>, <another digi>:>ARISS -
> International Space Station (BBS/APRS on)
> Perhaps a simple cross band VF repeater might be the trick ? Get
> around the packet path issues ?
>
> - Andrew -

I used TNC-X with XDigi to gate all ISS traffic to the ordinary aprs
frequency.

I stored a split-memory channel so that it was only digipeating ONE-way:
RX: ISS frequency
TX: 144.800MHz

UICall 1: SGATE
UITrace: WIDE

The good thing is that all ISS traffic was gated to APRS-IS since it
was within a IGATE. The BAD thing is that when local users where
sending messages the digipeater was retransmitting these. So i turned
the digi off.

Kai Gunter
LA3QMA