[aprssig] ISS ground digi

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Fri Jan 21 17:40:44 EST 2011

Hello

I need a hand

I would like to onwards digi the ISS beacons and also beacon via ISS

But I would like to do it via a DIGI and it MAY be on another frequency.

I can work out the frequency bit, thats fine.

It the downlink path I am having issues working out.

ISS only have SGATE

How do you make the "go further" than just "SGATE"

How can you turn

RS0ISS-4>CQ,SGATE:>ARISS - International Space Station (BBS/APRS on)

into

RS0ISS-4>CQ,SGATE,<another digi>, <another digi>:>ARISS - International Space Station (BBS/APRS on)

Perhaps a simple cross band VF repeater might be the trick ? Get around the packet path issues ?

- Andrew -