[aprssig] APRS HT Event

Randy Love rlove31 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 13:15:27 EST 2011

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 1:02 PM, Bob Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> wrote:

> 6) We used 445 MHz for APRS so that APRS worked full duplex with voice at
> all stations including net control.  It was cute to hear our “incoming
> message” on his D700 in the background when he was talking (on 146 MHz).

Bob,

We've been doing this now for 3 or 4 years with a couple of events here in
the metro Detroit area. Having the APRS on 440 allows us to track
support/guidance vehicles and med staff without interfering with the 2m
voice comms. Now, if we could start getting messaging going and not just
tracking on 440 APRS, we'd be doing pretty well! The system has worked so
good that last fall we finally put up a permanent 440 APRS digi in the area
central to where these events happen, co-located with a 440 voice repeater
and 2m APRS digi/igate.

Works wonderfully.

73,
Randy