[aprssig] AVRS Online

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Sat Jan 15 00:08:40 EST 2011

I mentioned before wondering what happens if I specify an -SSID to
contact, so from KJ4ERJ-AP I sent "KJ4ERJ-12".  Here's what I got:

00:05:56> KJ4ERJ-12 (*2-00:05:56)
00:05:56< VOICE CALL from KJ4ERJ-AP, PSE QSY 444.700MHz T77.00
        < CALL KJ4ERJ-AP on 444.700MHz T77.00 IRLP node 4853

Yep, I'm supposed to call myself on echolink.  But that pointed out a
question, why does the "VOICE CALL" not include the indication of
network (IRLP) or node (4853), but the "CALL" message does?

BTW, I've looked at AVRS's messages at
http://aprs.fi/?c=message&call=AVRS&limit=50 and it appears that ? isn't
being answered for anyone?