[aprssig] Winlink Objects

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Tue Jan 11 09:56:41 EST 2011

Max KG4PID wrote...

> Why do Winlink objects outside of my range filters show up in UI-View?

> filter m/150 f/K4SRC-2/100 f/KE4LTT/100

Could it have anything to do with the fact that you have never
beaconed a position with KG4PID? You have to beacon a position
at least once for the "my range" filter to work.

However, I would have expected m/150 to have sent you nothing at
all if you hadn't beaconed a position. Being curious, I beaconed a
position near your location. Did that "fix" your problem or do you
have to beacon the position after you connect to the server?

I see that you mentioned the  problem on this list back in August 2010,
but I don't think you mentioned the filter that you were using back then.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH