[aprssig] q/con/ana & t/n filter questions

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Mon Jan 10 16:39:42 EST 2011

 >From http://www.aprs-is.net/javAPRSFilter.aspx

t/poimqstunw

t/poimqstu/call/km

	Type filter 	Pass all traffic based on packet type.
One or more types can be defined at the same time, t/otq is a valid
definition.
<snip>

n = NWS Weather & Weather Objects

What exactly is the definition of "NWS Weather & Weather Objects"?  Can
this actually be expressed in the terms of other filters or is it
something "magic" in the javAPRSfilter implementation?

q/con/ana 	q Contruct filter 	q = q Construct command
con = list of q Construct to pass (case sensitive)
ana = analysis based on q Construct.

I = Pass positions from IGATES identified by qAr or qAR.

For example:
q/C    Pass all traffic with qAC
q/rR   Pass all traffic with qAr or qAR
q//I     Pass all position packets from IGATES identified in other
packets by qAr or qAR

So, what exactly does "ana" do?  And is the only possible value "I"?
And is it combinable with a non-blank "con"?  And if so, is it an AND or
OR filter between "con" and "ana"?

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Trying to implement filtering source code

PS.  My spell checker just discovered that "Contruct" in the second
column is missing an "s".