[aprssig] 9600 APRS

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Mon Feb 28 18:25:55 EST 2011

> from a kit and it worked . I was really hoping that one of the companies
> like Byonis or argent would have added 9x6 to thier lists.
> You are right with repeaters using PL the 9k6 can slip in under the PL
> with little notice.

Working on it.  I'm finding that the documentation is pretty horrible.
I've seen 3 different things for the scrambler polynomial alone.  I'm
pretty sure I've got that one figured out, though.

If anyone has a good working reference implementation, let me know.
Right now I'm working to decode a clean 9600 baud stream recorded from
AGWPE.  Soundmodem is about the only implementation I've seen in a high
level language, and the documentation is seriously lacking.

The next iteration of the T2 will use a 32-bit processor that shouldn't
have any trouble keeping up with 9600 baud.  The basics are up and
running now for 1200 baud, but all of the little details like the
bootloader and flash self-programming are going to take weeks to iron
out still.

Scott
N1VG