[aprssig] Help with repeater beacon

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Feb 17 09:48:11 EST 2011

> Actually, I don't see any way to actually make this work
> unless I change my beacon callsign to "147.15NGA" and
> send a position packet that looks like this:
> 147.15NGA>BEACON,WIDE2-1:111111z3414.21N/08409.60Wr147.150MHz T143 R60m
> NET2000TU Cumming,GA de AB0OO

Should not be necessary.  These radios (D710, D72 and FTM-350 and all future
radios) are supposed to pull the frequency out of either the OBJECT name
-or- the text.  That is part of the whole plan.

The one packet gives travelers all kinds of info.
FREQ, Tone, Offset, Range, Net times, meeting dates...

But it is sad to see so many packets on the air announcing frequencies that
are not in the APRS Frequency format.  Please look at local packets, and if
someone is not using the correct format for automatic QSY, suggest that they
might want to consider changing to the correct format.

The correct spec is: http://aprs.org/info/freqspec.txt

This web page is obsolete!

http://webster-new.dmz.usna.edu/Users/aero/bruninga/aprs/freqspec.txt

Thank you for finding it so I can KILL it.

Thanks
Bob, Wb4APR