[aprssig] UZ7HO Soundcard Modem

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Fri Dec 30 11:59:07 EST 2011

On Fri, 30 Dec 2011, kb2scs at optonline.net wrote:

> Hi All
>          Due to the name of UZ7HO Soundcard software
> "Sound Modem"
> Here is a stupid question.
> The Software is a modem and not a packet engine correct?
> In other words in order to do connected packet with it one would have
> to write the full AX25 protocol in their packet program.
>
> The packet program would have to handle all the different
> AX25 packets such as SABM for example.
>
> On the other hand I have heard that UZ7HO's Soundcard Modem
> is a direct replacement for AGWPE.
>
> Confused.
   Straight from the horse's mouth:

http://uz7.ho.ua/index.php?lang=eng&id=4

"I am developing a software TNC that uses a soundcard as a modem and
supports AX.25 protocol at 300 and 1200 baud with dual port operation. The
software TNC uses the AGW Packet Engine API and emulates the AGW Packet
Engine TCP interface in operation."

--
Rick Green, N8BJX

                                   -Benjamin Franklin

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our
safety and our ideals."
                                -President Barack Obama 20 Jan 2009